Welcome to the
Brooklyn Centre WIKI

Cleveland, Ohio

A Neighborhood Exploration
Currently 301 articles regarding its history

Hapgood St.

From Brooklyn Centre Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Post-1906 name:

West 16th Street

Earliest known mention:



South of Denison Avenue


Formerly a part of the Kees & Bruch's Valley View Allotment which was owned by William H. Kees (wife: Caroline Doering), and Fred W. Bruch (wife: Emma Mohrman).

Named for:

The reason for naming this street Hapgood, is unknown but the most likely reason is that it was a name familiar to the developers.

Little Known Fact:

This street was slated to continue southward into the valley and across Big Creek. Apparently the plans for this continuation were abandoned as the street ends right at the top of the bluff.

Return to Street Names

Return to Main Page

Help support this website by visiting some of the Ads provided by Google.

Personal tools