From Brooklyn Centre Wiki
When the early settlers first arrived, their initial use of the land was for farming. The FISH brothers sold off some land for commercial use along Pearl St. (later known as West 25th St.)
The mid to late 1800's became a time of land speculation and development as the original settlers started dying off and their heirs sold off the land to developers.
- Western Reserve Lot 65 was settled by Ebenezer and Moses Fish.
- Western Reserve Lot 74 was first purchased by Ozias Brainard, but after his death it was mostly owned by Ebenezer Foster and his brother, Daniel C. Foster. Their mother, Lydia Fish, was the sister of Ebenezer and Moses Fish. Thus, some form of their extended family owned most of the land along Denison Avenue from about West 36th St. eastward to the Cuyahoga River.
- Owners, Joseph Curtis, William E. Ambler, and Leonard Pixley
- Curtiss, Foster, and Sprague (Park Addition)
- Owners, Howard C. Gates, Joseph Curtis, and Edwin H. Foster
- Charles Kroehle and ????
- Owners, Charles H. Petty and T.C. Baldwin
- Owners, James and Angela (Smith) Sprankle