Brooklyn Memorial United Methodist Church
From Brooklyn Centre Wiki
|Address:|| Brooklyn Memorial United Methodist Church|
2607 Archwood Avenue
|Pastor:||Rev. Jennifer Brown Steinfurth|
|Neighborhood:|| Archwood / W25th St.|
Long: 081W42 09
- Founded by Ebenezer Fish, Ozias Sylvanus, and Seth Brainard. All early settlers in Brooklyn, Ohio.
- Earliest meeting site -
- (1814) - Home of Oziah Brainard.
- Next meeting site -
- Church building #1 -
- Church building #2 -
- (1848) - Frame building which in 1882 was destroyed by fire.
- A news article found for a large fire on March 23, 1886 that caused the steeple to collapse. The building was not insured. Had it already been abandoned by the time of the 1886 fire, or is the 1882 date a mistake?
- Church building #3 -
- (1882) - 1853 Pearl St. - Brick church
- Church building #4 -
- (1911) - 2607 Archwood Ave. - Present location of the Gothic style church.
The following list is not complete.
- Badgley, O.
- Barnett, E.D.
- Baxter, J.
- Graham, P.
- Hunter, A.A.
- Knapp, A.D.
- Mullen, S.H.
- Smith, E.S.
- Smith, W.A.
- VanCamp, A.
- Warner, E.H.
- White, G.L.
- Winters, W.B.
Snowstorm on West 25th St.
Stained glass window in memory of Ebenezer Foster (right rear of nave area)
- ↑ "A Night of Terror", Cleveland Plain Dealer, March 23, 1886, pg 1, col. 3